Dear Ken,

Thanks for sharing this resource. I found it very useful.

I see how Nielsen's recommendations are valuable in clinical design research and design practice. What do you think about applied design research that we are more likely to conduct in academia? My own answer is that we still need big 'N' and small 'p' in academia to able to report findings as research evidence; however, Nielsen is pointing out the weaknesses of research evidence when used in practice. I have also wondered how design researchers could be more efficient conducting research. A study with big sample size needs a lot of funding and findings usually have a low return of investment (reduced application in practice).

Best,

G. Mauricio Mejía
Assistant professor, University of Caldas, Colombia
PhD in Design candidate, University of Minnesota, USA