Dear Keith,

Very nice!

I see, however, a need to grossly complicate your scheme.

I think there are only two general verbs in English, not just
one: to do; and, to be.

And, I think there are only two general nouns in English, not
just one: a thing; and, (some) stuff.

So, combining your verb, to do, with stuff, we could have, some
done stuff.

Then, following your line, designing becomes the done stuff
for (some) done stuff.

But I'd also like to employ my second verb in this to say,
designing might then be understood as the done stuff for
(some) to be done stuff.

And, because I always prefer to see everything as process,
rather than as states and transitions, I'd be quite happy for
the done stuff to be input for the done stuff for (some
more/new) to be done stuff.  This is, I think, how we become
aware of the possibility of producing and re-producing
difference.

This way we avoid the need to appeal to a God or the Gods (are
they things, by the way?), and we capture the always on-going
never quite ending quality of designing (though it often has
to stop, but not for designing reasons) ...  out of which come
designs, sometimes, at least.

Best regards,

Tim