Can I consult the collective wisdom? What makes a good report to management?
I can think of the following points:
It should be in language that the manager and employee can understand
It should be understandable  as it  is so it "stands alone" and one should  not need to refer back to the referral to find out what the health issue is, or what questions were asked.
It should answer the questions that are asked by the manager /HR.(providing it is appropriate to do so. e.g "what is the diagnosis" would not be answered directly)
If it is not possible to answer the question  e.g prognosis or date of return to work early in an illness episode, this should be stated and further information provided at review.
Advice should  be based on evidence based guidance, and links to useful information placed in the report
It should focus on the person's ability to  function in the workplace.
It should not reveal confidential medical information unless the person has given written consent for this and there is good reason to do so.
Things that the person has told you should be  phrased " he/she states"  or he/she has told me"  rather than implying that what has been mentioned is actually  how things are.(Sharon N I believe you have a good phrase to use here)
If accommodations  are suggested it should be indicated if they are temporary or permanent.
It is best to avoid giving an opinion on either or not the Equality Act 2010 applies. instead indicate if the the health condition has lasted or is likely to last more than a year and if there is a significant impact on any activity of daily living and let the manager draw their own conclusion.
(I'm being provocative here.. that was the advice given at a study day on report writing I went to .. others may have a different view, speak out!
And give me the phrase that you use)
Advise management that whether the condition is or is not a disability it would be prudent to consider accommodations/adjustments.

Anything else?

Diane Romano-Woodward