Good morning

I have a gentleman who is a meat handler. He has been complaining of pain and discomfort in his hands for the past few months and was referred to OH. He is reuqired to handle frozen joints of meat.

It was clear that the gloves he was wearing were far too small and likely to be restricting circulation. He has no underlyingmedical condition and reports he is able to remove ice from his car with bear hands. His hands are warm and blood cappillary refill is excellant.

I advised intitally that he should have larger gloves which improved the symptoms by 50%. On review it became apparent that the size of the liners had not been increased. The liners were very small and the second layer was even smaller having to get over the first. I advised larger liners to be worn and for him to only use one layer of liners until the larger liners have been sourced. A 75% improvement was achieved.

The problem is I would like 100% improvement and unfortunately the Business cannot find a pair of liners large enough even though they have reportedly asked various providers.

Please can you advise if anoyone has come across this problem and if so how did you resolve the issue. I am now wondering if I could source gloves which were already lined and if so from where and would they be fit to use with food hygiene standards.
Any help as ever would be greatly appreciated.

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: