Hi

Please can any one help with the following:

The NMC Standards for Pre-Registration Midwifery Education, on page 27 state the following:

"Undertake appropriate emergency procedures to meet the health needs of women and babies.
 Emergency procedures will include:
•  manual removal of the placenta
•  manual examination of the uterus

Please can you advise if this is taught as standard pre-registration training for midwives in other areas/countries. I understand that this is taken from an EU directive and am partucularly interested to see if within Europe it is taught as
an emergency care skill alongside the breech and PPH training as well as in other parts of the world.

I would be greatful of any information asap as am writing an essay for my Supervisor of Midwives training due in in 2 weeks!
Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks
Jo