Dear List members,

If you find yourself in Bristol on these dates, we do hope you can make it.
Please circulate.

Best wishes,
Carolyn Muessig

******
Blackwell-Bristol Lectures 2013
Professor Mark Vessey, University of British Columbia

*30th April, 1st, 7th and 8th May 2013*

5.15 p.m., Lecture Theatre 2, University of Bristol, 11 Woodland Road,
Bristol BS8 1TB.  (Entrance through 3-5 Woodland Road)

*Writing before Literature: Later Latin Scriptures and the Memory of Rome*

No other city has written its name across time, space, language and culture
like Rome. These lectures explore the process as it unfolded in the Latin
West in the generation of Jerome and Augustine, and reflect upon its
 implications in the scriptures/literatures of European, western and global
romance, romanticism, and postromanticism.

Further information is available at:
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/arts/birtha/centres/institute/blackwell-bristol/blackwell2013.html

Lectures are FREE but please book in advance with Marilyn Knights (