Something that can put academic speak into plain English for mere mortals like myself!

-----Original Message-----
From: Museums Computer Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mariann Hardey
Sent: 30 April 2013 13:16
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Too Fragile? Using Advanced Computing Technology to Form New Textual Infrastructures and Add Scholarly Value

Dear MCG's,

Please forgive my rather robuse communication as this is my first time posting to our love Mail List.

I am based at Durham, and between myself and the English Literature Department we are interested in building a research project that is based on the advanced computing technology that is available for text editing.

In summary, we are seeking to scope out the design and practicalities of advanced computing editing technology resources, and the process of search and discover within them that create a series of opportunities for sustaining texts and the underlying consumptive practices that respond effectively to these challenges. What we hope this will identify are new forms of scholarly 'good practice', and important underlying principles for anyone interested in discovering and editing version of physical texts as a digital entity.

Does anyone know of any technologies that we should incorporate into our work model?... Or any other similar projects / interesting people we should contact.

Thanks terribly in advance

Mariann

Dr Mariann Hardey, Ph.D. | @thatdrmaz | Feminist and lovely | soseriouslysocial.com Lecturer |  SCR University College, Durham University Critical Studies Group | Ethics Committee | Education Sub-Committee Department of Marketing, Durham University

Ranked 55th in the World and top ten in the UK in the Financial Times Global MBA ranking

Advisory Board, Creative Futures Research Centre http://creativefutur.es

Editorial Board, International Journal of Market Research

Editorial Board, Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing www.emeraldinsight.com/jrim.htm

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg

DISCLAIMER: This email and files transmitted are
confidential and are intended solely for the use of the
intended recipient.  If you are not the intended
recipient, or the person responsible for delivering it to
the intended recipient, you may not copy, disclose,
distribute or use it in any unauthorised manner.  If you
have received this email in error please notify us by
email to [log in to unmask] and then delete
it and any attachments accompanying it.  Please note that
Wolverhampton City Council cannot guarantee that this
message or any attachments are virus free or have not been
intercepted and amended.
Any views or opinions expressed within this email are
those of the author and may not necessarily reflect those
of Wolverhampton City Council and no contractual
arrangement is intended to arise from this communication.

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg