Hi Tony,

Many thanks for the question, and I'm glad to hear you've got someone coming to OpenCulture!

I wanted to make sure that you are aware of SPECTRUM Digital Asset Management, which we put out for consultation in February. The aim of the publication is to provide a guide to the integration of Digital Asset Management into Collections Management workflows and Collections Management Systems (based on SPECTRUM, natch).

We had a huge response to the consultation, which we're still working through at the moment, but the core elements of the publication might be of use. (I wasn't sure whether your 'CMS' was a 'Content Management System' or a 'Collections Management System').

The consultation draft can be downloaded from http://www.collectionslink.org.uk/spectrum-resources/1688-spectrum-digital-asset-management. We'll be publishing the revised draft, with everyone's feedback as soon as we can get it finished (most likely end-April).

Comments are also still welcome! No sooner have we published this one than it has been suggested that we start looking at the integration of UGC into SPECTRUM Collections Management Systems (we actually started this under the 'Revisiting Collections' project, and there is a mapping of UGC 'fields' as an overlay to the SPECTRUM Units of Information in the form of a 'data capture spreadsheet' at http://www.collectionslink.org.uk/programmes/revisiting-collections/850-revisiting-museum-collections-data-capture-spreadsheet).

All best,

Nick

Nick Poole
Chief Executive Officer
Collections Trust

Insurance for Museums Conference 2013
25 April 2013 * British Library Conference Centre

2-3 July 2013, The Kia Oval
www.openculture2013.org.uk

Linked
Join CT's Collections Management Group

Visit Collections Trust online
www.collectionstrust.org.uk
www.collectionslink.org.uk
www.culturegrid.org.uk

Company Registration No: 1300565 Registered Charity No: 273984
Registered Office: Collections Trust, WC 209, Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD