Annette,

We rolled-over for the first time last summer. Apart from a slight technical hiccup it all went very smoothly. We choose to rollover in June because it coincided with our rollover procedures for our VLE. We also decided to rollover in a published state because we felt asking academics to go in and publish all their lists was too much of an administrative burden (for the academic). This year we have decided to do things slightly differently. Academics have asked that rollover be brought forward to May so that they can start amending lists sooner. Because we still have lots of students around in May we have decided to rollover in an unpublished state so that students aren’t confused by the sudden appearance of thousands of lists. We will then pick an arbitrary date(1st Sep?)  and make sure that all unpublished lists that were rolled-over are published before the start of the new academic year. We are hoping that forthcoming changes to Aspire will allow us to do this easily, but if not then we’ll do it by hand (or that’s the plan anyway!).

Thanks,

Andy

From: Talis Aspire Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Annette Moore
Sent: 02 April 2013 12:30
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Rollover of lists to a new time-period

We are in the process of planning to rollover lists to  new time-periods for 2013/14 and interested to hear the experience of others, in particular, did you decide to rollover to draft lists or published?  If you rollover to draft lists, does the copied over list maintain its association with the hierarchy, list owner and same edit/publisher permissions as the original list? We don't as yet have devolved constraints implemented and there isn't an option to manually send 'List Publisher Invites' from a draft list so need to make sure that if we rollover lists to draft that the edit/publish permissions are carried over to the new list.

Annette

Annette Moore

Technical Services Librarian

Library Building
University of Sussex
Falmer
BRIGHTON
BN1 9QL

T: 01273 877046
E: [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe from the LIS-TALIS-ASPIRE list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-TALIS-ASPIRE&A=1