*** APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING***

Dear colleagues

This year’s Higher Education Academy Annual Health and Social Conference, on 5-6 June 2013 at The Queen’s Hotel in Leeds, will feature two of the world’s leaders in teaching innovation.

Professor Sarah Baillie, Chair in Veterinary Education at the University of Bristol, will open day two of the conference with her keynote address entitled ‘How can innovation inform education?’

Sarah won the prestigious Times Higher Education Award for ‘Most Innovative Teacher of the Year’ in 2009 for her creation, the Haptic Cow, a virtual reality simulator which trains students to carry out internal examinations – all without the need for a cow. Sarah’s creation is now being used by veterinary schools across the country.

Many more achievements and collaborations have followed in Sarah’s career leading to the development of an innovative range of learning and teaching methods including PAL (Peer Assisted Learning), interprofessional learning and informal lifelong learning as well as business skills training for new graduates.

Keynote speaker on day one of the Conference is Professor Kerry Reid-Searl, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Central Queensland University, whose pioneering approaches are transforming the student learning experience in the field of nursing.

To view the programme and book, please visit: http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/events/detail/2013/HSC_Annual_Conference_June_2013

Kind regards

Geoff Glover

Head of Health and Social Care, Assistant Director, HEA

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HEAHealthSocial

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy. Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us. Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free. The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131