Just a brief news item, which we'd be grateful if maps folk can pass on
as necessary.

The National Library of Scotland has recently become an Ordnance Survey
Licensed Partner, and from April we are offering a new service providing
copies of in-copyright superseded Ordnance Survey maps.

We can now copy whole sheets of detailed mapping covering anywhere in
the United Kingdom, published between 1963 and 1995, for commercial and
non-private uses. As a legal deposit library, we hold a comprehensive
set of all 20th century maps published by Ordnance Survey. All Ordnance
Survey maps published on paper or microfilm are included, at scales from
1:50,000 and larger, up to 1:1,250 scale. The maps must be published
before 31 December 1995.

Copies can be supplied as photocopies on paper as well as digital
images.

For further information, please read our information page about the new
service at:
http://www.nls.uk/collections/maps/services/reprographics/os-licence

... or view details of the particular map series that can be copied at:
http://www.nls.uk/collections/maps/services/reprographics/os-licence/map
s-series

Many thanks,

Chris

Chris Fleet
Senior Map Curator
National Library of Scotland
159 Causewayside
EDINBURGH
EH9 1PH
United Kingdom.

Tel. 0131 623 3973
Fax. 0131 623 3971
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Map Images website: http://maps.nls.uk

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

National Library of Scotland, Scottish Charity, No: SCO11086

This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the addressee please inform the sender and delete the email from your system. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of National Library of Scotland. This message is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. No liability is accepted for any harm that may be caused to your systems or data by this message.

www.nls.uk