Sharing views on the library's role in facilitating access to freely available content

Among the many challenges librarians face today is the question of how to help users understand the value of the increasing quantity of free content that is available to read, including open access journals, repositories, blogs and wikis. Without measures such as usage statistics or Impact Factors, which factors influence decisions about the value and relevance of free online content? What is the library’s ongoing role in helping users discover, evaluate and use it?

Taylor & Francis is investigating how librarians facilitate access to free online content and the associated challenges that they face when doing so. We invite you to participate in an online survey [https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Free-online-content], from which Taylor and Francis will develop a White Paper to help share experiences and practices related to non-purchased content. All entrants will be included in a prize draw to win a Kindle Fire. Terms and Conditions apply. You can find the survey here.

The white paper will be made available on the Taylor & Francis website later this year and key findings will be presented at NASIG 2013.

Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences and helping to shape recommendations for future best practice.

_____________

Rosie Palmer
Marketing Executive
TBI Communications Limited, Oxford OX33 1LZ, UK

http://www.tbicommunications.com
Specializing in communications for the learned publishing sector.
See our website for the full range of communication, marketing, design and exhibition services we can offer.

TBI Communications Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 5375015. Registered office: 62a Church Road, Wheatley, Oxford. Oxfordshire. OX33 1LZ, UK

lis-e-resources is a UKSG list - http://www.uksg.org
Follow us on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/UKSG