Hi Helen,

Here in Norfolk where we have about 15,000-20,000 finds recorded per
annum, the majority of which are now entered into the PAS database, we
import these into the HER, and set the output precision for all imported
PAS records (as well as our older findspot records) to four figures. My
understanding is that this was what was agreed with the PAS when the HER
export was developed, and that no more detailed information should be
given out to anyone. In Norfolk we have our HER data online, and
anything with a four figure or lower output NGR does not get put on the
online GIS.

Best wishes,

Alice

---

Alice Cattermole

Senior Historic Environment Officer (Records)
Historic Environment Service

Norfolk County Council

Union House

Gressenhall