Teen Workshop

Geffrye Museum, London

Tuesday 9th July 2013

10.15 – 3.30pm

Hands up if you'd like to have more teenagers choosing to visit your museum or
gallery? Want to invite them into your gang but don't know where to start? Then
Teen Workshop is for you.

‘It encouraged me to think about how we could be more creative with our limited
resources.’

‘it’s given strength to my argument for the place of young people within my
organisation.’

‘It has confirmed what I thought, given me more confidence and offered practical
advice. I suppose the workshop has brought ideas closer to reality.’

After a sell-out first Teen Workshop in December, Kids in Museums is thrilled to
bring you a second day full of ideas and inspiration from organisations who have
found ways to really welcome and involve young people.

We’re delighted to be joined by special guests from IPSOS Mori, sharing their
research into what young people say and do, and The Reading Agency, talking
about what we can learn from libraries’ work to involve and inspire teenagers.
Of course we’ll also have our famous ‘Five Minute Blasts’, packed full of ideas
and top tips from museums, galleries and heritage attractions.

In the afternoon the Geffrye Museum’s own youth panel will be running the show
so you'll get plenty of top tips on how to keep teenagers coming back to your
museum.

What will you get out of attending?

* simple, practical ideas to make your museum more inviting for teenagers
* understanding of your teen audience and what you can offer them
* different groups and organisations to work with

Our workshop is great for people working in: Family Learning, Education, Visitor
Services, Marketing, Interpretation, Volunteer Management, Audience Development.

*Only three more weeks to take advantage of our Earlybird offer*

Book here at<http://www.kidsinmuseums.org.uk/workshops>

Questions? email [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>