Why hasn't anyone mentioned Clifford the Big Red Dog? He may be American but there's nothing wrong with that... Lots of scrapes and journeys and good for that age group. Cannonball Simp was great too - wonderful illustrations by John Burningham if I remember.

Robin
Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone from Virgin Media

-----Original Message-----
From:         Janine Marriott <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:       "List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:         Fri, 19 Apr 2013 11:39:32
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Kids Books featuring dogs

Greeting gemmers,
Friday afternoon question for you
I run an activity story session every 2 weeks at work and I'd like to use the theme dogs for a set of 4.
So I'm looking for kids picture books that are set outside including a journey. I've thought of dogger but I'm stumped for others.  I can think of loads with cats in but not dogs. It's aimed at ks1/lowerks2
Looking forward to responses and happy to share with anyone
Janine
Arnos vale cemetery