Hi - Are you running probtrackx2 from the command line?  In this case, you need to add the --onewaycondition flag.

Cheers
Saad

On 3 Apr 2013, at 21:19, John Kuster wrote:

P.S., To visualize the problem: The seed is the pallidum, and in this attached screenshot, you can see in the sagittal view traces going up into the cortex. Blue shows the termination/waypoint mask (M). I had hoped to see only tracts running in the subcortical region.

Would one way to clean this up be to limit the number of steps? From past posts, it looks like maybe these paths go out of the subcortical region and then back to the mask which is why they've survived?

Thanks for your help,
Jake

<Screen Shot 2013-04-03 at 4.14.11 PM.png>