Hi,

Firstly, your design can be compared to the example here (only difference is this is for 4 levels and you have 3)
http://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/GLM#ANOVA:_1-factor_4-levels__.281-way_between-subjects_ANOVA.29

I would not use the "group" column as you did, especially for randomise, but presumably you did not load the design.grp into your randomise call.

Otherwise, it isn't surprising that an F-test isn't significant when a t-test is.  This can happen for weak effects, since an F-test is 2-sided and a t-test is one sided (hence p-values for 1-sided tests will be smaller).

Cheers,
Jeanette