Dear Group,

I have run topup and applytopup to a set of positive and negative blip images to create a "hifi" image with corrected geometric distortions.

My "hifi" data is 30 directions, 2x2x2, whole brain.

Your website says the following: "topup is a tool for estimating the susceptibility induced field. In order to estimate and correct also for EC-induced distortions one will either need to run a tool like e.g. eddy_correct prior to running applytopup. Or one can feed the output from topup into the eddy tool."

Elsewhere, I have read that eddy is for data with more than 30 directions.

So, my question is, should I be running eddy_correct before topup and applytopup
OR
eddy_correct after  topup/applytopup
OR
eddy after topup/applytopup
OR
something else?

Thanks for all your help...I want to make sure I make optimal use of these new tools.

-Dianne

--
Dianne Patterson, Ph.D.
Research Scientist