Thanks Mike,

The problem still appears to be unsolved.

1) removed previous fsl version
$sudo apt-get remove fsl-5.0
$sudo apt-get autoremove

2) I have added the repositories
deb http://masi.vuse.vanderbilt.edu/neurodebian lucid main contrib non-free
deb-src http://masi.vuse.vanderbilt.edu/neurodebian lucid main contrib non-free
/etc/apt/sources.list

3) Installed the neurodebian-keyring package

4) Installed fsl package
$sudo apt-get install fsl

5) checked for the files in /usr/bin
pradeep@glia:~/hippo$ which fsl5.0-run_first_all
/usr/bin/fsl5.0-run_first_all

6) Test the program

pradeep@glia:~/hippo$ fsl5.0-run_first_all -i ****.img -o test
5970

exits with out generating the segmentation files.

Thanks,
Pradeep

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 11:21 PM, Michael Hanke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 1:06 AM, Pradeep <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thank you for the reply Mike. It looks like some of the repositories are being blocked by our network firewall. Is there a way to download the package and install it offline?

That is doable, but it is not pleasant. I don't know why your firewall would block regular port 80 HTTP traffic, but maybe it helps if you switch to another mirror server. We just updated the website and the installation instructions, so if you visit

and click on the "Install this package" button. You can select another mirror and try again.

If that doesn't help, I'd recommend you talk to your local IT staff and sort out the network issue.

Cheers,

Michael