Hi,

Try using a native plain text editor rather than TextEdit.
Something like emacs or nano as I suspect that Excel is creating some characters that TextEdit is still passing on, or failing to put in proper Unix newline characters.
If you run "wc" on the file you'll see if it can correctly determine the number of lines or not.

All the best,
Mark

On 19 Apr 2013, at 14:25, Daniel Cole <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>