Dear FSL experts:

I used BET with the flag -F to strip skulls of my resting-state fMRI recording. However, there remains some skull layer outside the brain. When I used BET with the flags -F and -R, the results was much better without remaining unwanted skull layers.
However, I found the brain extracted skull by the former method (using single flag -F) looked "brighter" under fslview compared to that extracted skull by the latter method (using flags -R and -F), although the voxel-specific intensity value read the same by both methods.

Will this difference influence my later processing of resting-state data? Any suggestion? Thanks.

Best,

Edward Chen
Taipei Veterans General Hospital