I see the problem, it is to do with the slices - asl_file assumes that the data comes as a 4D volume with slices in the 3rd dimension and all the tag and controls in the 4th dimension. What you will need to do is stitch the data together so that you have volumes with all the slices at each TI tag and control paired together.
I think that something like this might work (although I have probably made a mistake in typing somewhere):
Assume you have 104 images in a stack that are 2D slices in the order in your email (if the data is not in this form then use fslsplit to get there) and are each called image_{n}
for ((i=1; i<=8; i++)); do
list=""
for ((j=$i; j<=13; j++)); do
k=`expr $j \* 8 + $i`
  l=`expr $k + 104`
list="$list image_$k image_$l"
done
fslmerge -z out_$i $list
done
This assumes you have 8TIs and 13 slices, which doesn't quite match the list you gave - but you can swap around if need be.
The result of this is that out_1 should be all the slices at TI1, tag then control, out_2 at TI2 etc
So now:
fslmerge -t Rpt_1 out_*
(note that if you had more than 9 TIs this would not be ideal since the TIs could end up in the wrong order because I have not been careful about numbering)
Then you need to run this again only any repeats you have to get Rpt_2 etc
Finally:
fslmerge -t Data Rpt_*

This should now be 4D with slices in dim 3 and in dim 4 the data as: TI1 (tag), TI1 (ctrl), TI2 (tag), TI2 (ctrl) …, TI1 (tag), TI1 (control) …
This is now in a format that asl_file can handle (--ibf=rpt)

Michael