Dear Brian,

To start with, your email came up blank for me in my mail client and in my web browser on the FSL email site, but I eventually found the contents via the email site in an attachment (I've copied it below).  So see if you can make your mail client send emails in a way that the list is happier with if you send anything else to the list.

As for your question, I'm surprised that the registration works fine outside of FEAT, as nothing really special is done within FEAT.   It can help to run fslreorient2std on your images to start with, as sometimes this makes things easier for the registration.  And I'm assuming you are running the latest version of FSL - if not, then I would advise you to upgrade as this code has had some improvements made to it.  Apart from that, if you are still having trouble then email us back with some more details as to exactly how it is failing, and what FLIRT calls you are using outside of FEAT that are working OK.

All the best,
Mark

FSL users,

I am currently applying fieldmap correction in the course of analyzing some functional runs. The registration between the fieldmap image and the highres image is failing in a portion of the subjects. The brain extractions is working fine on each image, so it is not the case that residual skull in one image but not the other is causing the error.

To make things more perplexing, this error only occurs within the processing pipeline within FEAT, but a registration beween my brain extracted magnitude and highres structural images with FLIRT works perfectly.

Has anyone else seen such an issue? Suggestions on resolving it?

Brian