Thanks Mike,

The problem still appears to be unsolved.

1) removed previous fsl version
$sudo apt-get remove fsl-5.0
$sudo apt-get autoremove

2) I have added the repositories

deb http://masi.vuse.vanderbilt.edu/neurodebian lucid main contrib non-free
deb-src http://masi.vuse.vanderbilt.edu/neurodebian lucid main contrib non-free

/etc/apt/sources.list

3) Installed the neurodebian-keyring package

4) Installed fsl package
$sudo apt-get install fsl

5) checked for the files in /usr/bin
pradeep@glia:~/hippo$ which fsl5.0-run_first_all
/usr/bin/fsl5.0-run_first_all

6) Test the program

pradeep@glia:~/hippo$ fsl5.0-run_first_all -i ****.img -o test
5970

exits with out generating the segmentation files.

Thanks,
Pradeep