From: Michelle Maud [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 10 April 2013 16:57
To: Stephen Collinson
Subject: Mike Swann - Exams Dept Redundancy

Hi Steve

Sorry to email you off list, but I am no longer able to post messages as email address has changed and haven’t got around to changing on the FE-EXAMS network yet.

I would like to add my bit to Mike’s case and would appreciate it if you could post it for me (your’s was the first email address I came upon).

In the blue JCQ General Regulations for Approved Centres there is a checklist at the back regarding prospective examination centres.  On the last page I think there are three relevant points where a Centre cannot be approved and which directly relate to an examinations officer/team.

Is there a named member of staff who will act as the examinations officer? No – not ready

Is the secure storage area in an area solely assigned to examinations? No – not ready

Is the location of the secure storage unit shared with with staff who are not part of the exams office? Yes – not ready

A little bit more ammunition, hopefully.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Michelle Maud

Examinations Team Leader/MIS

East Kent College

Ramsgate Road, Broadstairs

CT10 1PN

Tel: +44 (0)1843 605040 ext.5508/5006

Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: www.eastkent.ac.uk

Alumni: alumni.eastkent.ac.uk

'This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is prohibited' - East Kent College

Disclaimer:

This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this message, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Messages sent to and from us may be monitored. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions that are present in this message, or any attachment, that have arisen as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the college.