Hi Sally

We have been running these since January without significant issues. Now that the documents are available 24 hours ahead we find it works well.

You have to download and physically print off the question papers, and download the electronic files to populate in your student IDs. Given that you only get 24 hours notice, we refuse to run any of these before 10:00 on a Monday as there would otherwise be too little time to get sorted.

The electronic files are referred to in the question paper, so you know how many to expect. The biggest pain is setting up the answer folders and having to create them in the required name + d.o.b. format. Uploading the files takes a bit of time and you have to keep your wits about you - I have twice sent the downloaded files back rather than the answers as the position of each in the directory structure depends on whether the candidate's first name is before or after the name of the downloaded folder.

I am not aware of any practice one to upload / download but it works as per Edexcel's instructions.

Regards

Duncan

Duncan Buck
Exams Co-ordinator
Herefordshire College of Technology
DDI: 01432 365315
Int: x315
Group Email: [log in to unmask]

Please remind students that NO Mobile Phones, iPods, MP3/4 players, or any device with electronic storage are to be taken into examination rooms, and that Photo ID has to be shown for all examinations

>>> "Graham, Sally" <[log in to unmask]> 4/29/2013 3:11 pm >>>
Hi everyone
Has anyone run the above exams yet?
We are doing our first ones next week and we are wanting to make sure we are aware of all the processes
Can you let us know if you have to download papers physically and print them off and/or download the electronic files too?
Do your invigilators check how many files there are in the folder once the student has finished their exam?  Do you know if there are a certain number of files expected in the folder for say Level 1 and Level 2?
Have you had any problems with uploading or downloading the exam papers?
Is there a practice one we could schedule so we can test how it works?
A copy of your procedure would be great if you are willing to share?
Thanks
Sally

Mrs Sally Graham
Stockport College
Examinations Team Leader
Direct Dial No: 0161 958 3312

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the sender.

Stockport College was established under the Further and Higher Education Act 1992 and is an exempt
charity for the purposes of the Charities Act 1993.

Stockport College, Wellington Road South, Stockport. SK1 3UQ
VAT Registration 611574558

Be green, keep it on screen!

This email and any content are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Herefordshire College of Technology.

Herefordshire College of Technology. Folly Lane, Hereford.
http://www.hct.ac.uk/News/info_event.html

Information Event Dates
This email has been scanned by the iCritical Email Security.cloud service.
For more information please visit http://www.icritical.com/