Hi

For the past few years we have run a mock exam week for GCSE and GCE students at some point around Easter.
Teachers supply us with the past paper that they want used and we do the rest. Each student has one mock for each of their subjects.
We schedule mocks just like the real exams. I create full basedata for all subjects, options etc and then put entries on the system for all students so that they can view a full mock week timetable.
Attendance is mandatory, and they are run under full exam conditions.
We have a lot of BTEC courses, so I schedule them workshop sessions that they are expected to attend. Some subjects opt to have a coursework session instead of a mock exam.
We have found it has had a significant impact on improving exam behaviour etc, and it also helps AS students to understand how the exam system here works.
With the removal of the January session we are looking at having another mock session at some point during that month, in addition to the existing one at Easter.
At present our students are taken off timetable for the week of mocks, with the Friday being allocated to teachers for marking and an inset day for students.

Regards
Katie

--
Katie Hill