haha that made me smile!

If they can't get it right there really is no hope for us!!

Michelle

On 23 April 2013 13:14, Duncan Buck <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Michelle

We resort to getting some proof of what they did before us, eg if they are an adult some form of utility bill in their name from their previous overseas address showing a point in the last two years, or if a child some form of exam certificate or school report demonstrating attendance at a foreign school. Obviously it is all open to fraud as I cannot tell a Romanian utility bill from a shopping list, they may still be paying bills in their country of origin, and if it is for the equivalent of a "John Smith" it will be easy to obtain falsely.

All of which reminds me of the worst driver in Ireland, a Mr Prawo Jazdy:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7899171.stm

Regards

Duncan

Duncan Buck
Exams Co-ordinator
Herefordshire College of Technology
DDI: 01432 365315
Int: x315
Group Email: [log in to unmask]

Please remind students that NO Mobile Phones, iPods, MP3/4 players, or any device with electronic storage are to be taken into examination rooms, and that Photo ID has to be shown for all examinations

>>> Michelle Turner <[log in to unmask]> 4/23/2013 12:14 pm >>>
Just one more question on this - how do you obtain evidence that they have been in the country less than 2 years?

I have met with the students, one Romanian and one Lithuanian who both state they have no entry papers?!?

Sorry this is the first time this has arisen here....hopefully some larger FE's have the answer?!?!

Thanks again
Michelle