Hi Mike

I think it is good news for your staff that their jobs are safe but I think it is disgusting that you have been made redundant when basically your role is not redundant it is going to be carried out by someone else.  If your College is anything like mine then you must see a huge amount of money wasted in the curriculum that is never addressed.

We seem to have an endless budget here to pay for things such as access to scripts, remarks etc. when the real problem is that the student didn’t work hard enough to pass their exam.

The tutors don’t seem to grasp the fact that all exams, registrations actually cost money and they don’t seem to have qualms about late fees etc.

I could go on for ever about ways in which money is wasted within Colleges and the exams department is usually the one area that tries very hard to minimise any unnecessary spending.

Regards

Cath Smith

Examinations Officer

MIS/Exams

Tel: 368

Fax: 01780 484301

Email: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]

Drift Road, Stamford, Lincolnshire, PE9 1XA

P Please think before you click 'reply all'
P Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this email?