From: s alhabib <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Saturday, 6 April 2013 9:45 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: critical appraisal tools?

Dear Lists:
I am planning to do a systematic review of intervention studies about diabetes medications, but I am not sure which critical appraisal tool is best (in terms of validity and reliability) to use to appraise therapy and/or intervention trials. I am aware of this article: A systematic review of the content of critical appraisal tools, by Katrak et al, which explained the different tools, I guess >120 tools in literature, however, I am still not sure which one to use?
I would be grateful for your feedback...
Samia

Dr. Samia Alhabib, MD, PhD