Hi Philip,

To the best of my knowledge, there is no current formal agreement between York University (which hosts PROSPERO) and Cochrane. When it was first coming out there was talk that all Cochrane protocols would be imported into PROSPERO, but I haven't seen that happen till now. Additionally, if a reviewer is registered to conduct a Cochrane systematic review then they should not be additionally publishing their protocol in PROSPERO as the Cochrane protocol will also be available online. PROSPERO gives the option to publish protocols intended for print or online journals outside the Cochrane framework. Even so, as I was writing this correspondence, I realized that Cochrane protocols like reviews require subscription to the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, while PROSPERO is freely available online.

Hope this helps.

Ahmed