There's also a lot of practical guidance for tutors / support workers at
http://www.jisctechdis.ac.uk/techdis/userneeds

Each submenu has info on Policy, Content creation and Assessment. Being TechDis in origin the focus is more tools, technologies and pedagogical approaches more than ramps and stairlifts but you should find useful things in there.

Alistair

From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Silver, Liz
Sent: 30 April 2013 13:21
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Reasonable adjustments policy and code of practice for students

Hi,

This is a really basic issue, but does anyone have   an up to date policy and code of practice or something similar which we could use as a model?

Thanks,

Cheers,

Liz

Liz Silver
Disability Officer
Student Support Services
Nottingham Trent University
Working Monday to Wednesday
0115 848 4495

Disability Support - short advice and support sessions on a drop-in basis:

Newton building - City campus
Monday between 3 & 4pm and Tuesday between 2 & 4pm

George Elliot - Clifton Campus
Wednesday between 2 & 4pm and Friday between 2 & 4pm

To access this service, please come to main student services receptions to register during the times indicated above. If it is an in-depth issue and you need more than a brief meeting, we can arrange an appointment on an alternative day.

Nottingham Trent University
Burton Street
Nottingham
NG1 4BU

DISCLAIMER: This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private and confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, please take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. In this case, please reply to this email to highlight the error. Opinions and information in this email that do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent University shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University. Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should check that the email and its attachments are actually virus free. This is in keeping with good computing practice.
This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy. Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us. Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free. The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131