From: Charles R Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Subject: The Accessibility Metadata group has submitted our draft proposal
to the W3C for schema.org
To: [log in to unmask]

Following in the path of LRMI's successful integration into schema.org, and
with the assistance of numerous people from the accessibility (esp. Access
for All) and LRMI communities, we have submitted our proposal to the W3C to
start the schema.org process. You can see our message at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2013Apr/0028.html , which
points to all of the resources.

This is a significant milestone in our drive to make accessible content
discoverable, extending the work begun by LRMI.

We've also been updating the content on http://a11ymetadata.org/ **for more
public consumption beyond our group's internal wiki. See the properties
page, examples and discussion (http://www.a11ymetadata.org/discuss/) for
more detail.

As we work through the comment and schema.org adoption process, we'll also
be creating more content and examples on our public blog site and
facilitating early adoption of the metadata tags. If anyone on the LRMI
list is interested in learning more about the use of these metadata tags in
early content and repositories, contact me.