Dear all,
I am new to this list. I am not really sure about the house rules, but I thought I introduce myself before I start posting to the list. Here is my short bio.

Dr. Henrik Ernstson focuses on how biophysical, cultural and political dimensions are fused together in 'urban nature' leaving the question of 'who is an expert' on urban nature radically open. He writes primarily on the management and politics of urban ecology and is interested in the possibilities for more equal and democratic city-making. Recently he published an article on 'Re-translating nature in post-apartheid Cape Town' (article 1), which builds on his work in Grassy Park. He has also published on critical engagement with 'ecosystem services' (article 2article 3), urban transitions and resilience in Cape Town (article 4), and on green space protection in Stockholm (article 5). He leads two research projects at the African Centre of Cities at the University of Cape Town and the Stockholm Resilience Centre at Stockholm University. He also leads an international book project on the 'Histories and Futures of Contested Urban Natures'. Dr. Henrik Ernstson has been with ACC since 2010. For more information, see his blog In Rhizomiawww.rhizomia.net/) or Twitter (@rhizomia).

Best regards,
Henrik Ernstson

Henrik Ernstson (PhD)
African Centre for Cities, University of Cape Town
Stockholm Resilience Centre, Stockholm University
Office: +27 21 650 5903 | Mobile: +27 79 082 4332.
Complete academic publication list.