I think James Delingpole was hired due to his excellent oratory and handling of language as an artist - to advocate the global warming scepticism to the advantage of fossil fuel industry benefiting elites. Why not stash him money as the next clown and his Oxbridge education giving him a veneer of respectability? I think he offered himself to the fossil fuel industry advocacy.

He also sold himself to win the Bastiat Prize for Online Journalism in New York City in 2010 by marketing himself as "online journalism sceptic" to the mainline media (and I would say science publishers).

Bastiat Prize for Online Journalism  http://www.policynetwork.net/winners-2010-bastiat-prizes

Winner - James Delingpole, blogger for telegraph.co.uk
"Why does the Bastiat Prize matter so much? Because it’s about the only prize left which celebrates those true journalistic virtues of scepticism and inquiry which our libtard MSM [mainstream media] has all but abandoned in its eagerness to suck up to whichever bunch of statist shysters currently happen to be in power. It’s about free markets, about small government, about liberty."

Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 07:47:27 +1200
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: A case for complaint or more
To: [log in to unmask]

My opinion after reading that:
Think that "Think they are enviromentalists", like greenpeace for example, should be hung by the neck for opposing ecosystem restoration, vilefying it and telling all their menbership its "evil geo-e", telling everyone the arctic will be fine if we stop the evil oil drillers, and the oceans will be fine as long as we stop  the tuna poachers. They've been taking billions of dollars from their membership, telling them all that they don't have to worry about the enviroment while greenpeace is on the job, and  mobilising opposition to anything that can fix the problem.

Perhaps climate scientists like James Hansen should be "hung by the neck" too for continuing to tell everyone he was right about what he was predicting in the 70's, when things have got a lot worse since, and he has to  have stopped looking at the data since the 90's to still believe that a gradual reduction of CO2 emmissions is all we need to do.

Its Alpha primate syndrome all the way. give someone a position of authority and a megaphone. They start telling everyone that they are right about everything, and they start believing it themselves. Their ego stops them retesting their assumption. The system the ancient greeks had was a very good idea. pick peiople in power by ballot and only let them stay there for a short time.

Otherwise they lose all reason, forsight, their brains become predicated to bash anyone thats a threat to their credibility, posistion at the top.

The only two people who have yet to say they don't want to be on the trust board of the cloud wizadry trust, might consider whether they are playing some of these games?

Respectfully,
Aaron Franklin
On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Kevin Coleman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
You have just given several reasons why I don't buy newspapers. :-)
Kev C