Perhaps I'm feeling climate-sensitive at the moment.  Last week we discovered that five out of our six bee-hives have died.  There is no evidence of varoa, we don't live anywhere near farms using neo-nicotinoids and we don't use any pesticides ourselves.

The bees died because of the weather.

Our bee-keeper expert of 40 years experience has never seen anything like it - out of 140 hives he has less than 50 left, and they are in a very poor condition.