From: Boaz Shaanan <[log in to unmask]>
To: CCP4BB <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tue, Apr 30, 2013 2:53 pm
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] detectors on home sources

One of the main things (if not THE main thing) to worry about when investing in such expensive equipment is long-time reliability and quality of service in your place. Nothing is more frustrating than seeing your wonderful and expensive equipment standing idle for long periods because of lack of service. This may mean quite often taking compromises and going perhaps not for the front-line state-of-art piece of equipment but rather for the sturdy, hard-working equipment. It worked for us very well.

My 2p advice.

              Boaz

Boaz Shaanan, Ph.D.
Dept. of Life Sciences
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
Beer-Sheva 84105
Israel

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 972-8-647-2220  Skype: boaz.shaanan
Fax:   972-8-647-2992 or 972-8-646-1710