Dear All,

We are working on a crystal structure with 12 molecules in an asymmetric unit. It is a heteromer and each chain is made up of two type of chains. Therefore there are 24 chains in an  asymmetric unit.

It is giving solution in P1. Rfactor and Rfree has reached 20.25 and 25.6 at a resolution of 1.8Angstrom

All the chains are refining well and have good electron density except 3 chains which have very poor electron density in most of the region.

Whereas, the crystal structure of variants of the same protein we have solved earlier refined well and has very good electron density in all the chains.

What could be the possible reason for these three chains which are not refining properly. Any suggestions will be very useful.

Thanks and Regards

--
Sonali Dhindwal

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”