Hi All:
I wish to identify and remove unstructured regions at the C-terminus of my protein for crystallization and am considering using carboxypeptidase digestions to achieve this.

1)      I would like a protocol and your preferred source of commercial carboxypeptidases as well their storage conditions.

2)      Do I need to use a mixture of different carboxypeptidases? If so, which ones?

3)       Is ESI-MS intact mass analysis a good way to identify the post-treatment C-terminus or does this treatment typically yield a large mixture of C-termini?

4)      Any published references to this approach would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Best,
Vish