Hi,

We guarantee university accommodation to care leavers throughout their course also, but most student prefer to live in the private the sector after their first year. We can't act like their guarantor but I would support the student by liaising with their agency/landlord to find alternatives to a guarantor. This is usually paying 2 months rent as a deposit instead of one. We would assist the student through FCF to pay for this. Another option is that the student agrees to pay their rent in advance for 3 months each time they get their funding, students seem to prefer this option as they can budget better. But the support we provide is more of liaising with landlords and agents to find alternatives and not act as their guarantor I'm afraid.

Many thanks

Einir Evans
Student Support Officer / Swyddog Cymorth i Fyfyrwyr
Student Advice and Guidance / Cyngor ac Arweiniad Myfyrwyr

t: 029 20 874844

www.cardiff.ac.uk/studentsupport

The Student Support Centre
Cardiff University