Dear Patrick,

Yes! Very much so for his chapters on wood - interesting section on the Polish-Lithuanian forest, which Donald Davie and Zoë Skoulding have both written poems about.

thanks!
Amy

On 4 Apr 2013, at 09:42, Patrick McManus <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Amy do you know Simon Schama’s book ‘Landscape of memory’ I find an interesting book (nor read but for the piccies in my caseJ)

Cheers Patrick

From: British & Irish poets [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of amy cutler
Sent: 30 March 2013 00:50
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: 'Time, the deer, is in the wood of Hallaig'

Hello everybody,

I'm in the process of putting together an exhibition on forest memory - objects, art-works and poems, in a Grade 1 listed belfry in East London in June (called 'Time, the deer, is in the wood of Hallaig', a line from Sorley Maclean). Poets such as Jeff Hilson, Peter Larkin, Alec Finlay, Carol Watts, Will Montgomery, Colin Sackett, herman de vries, Gerry Loose, and Camilla Nelson are involved. As a project without any institutional affiliation, I am raising funds through a Kickstarter page - here (also has much more info on the project). Would be lovely if anyone could help or share to colleagues...

The exhibition will be working with natural specimens and museum objects (including from the Kew Museum of Economic Botany and the Epping Forest Colelctions) but also book works, small press editions and broadside poems. If anyone around here might like to review it (opening night June 6th), please do get in touch back channel!

best to all

Amy

--

PASSENGERFILMS public cinema for cultural geography

LAND DIAGRAMS new twinned studies

Write off the map academic blog