List members may know of individuals who would be interested in summer work experience and who might find this role – part of Vivacity’s wider internship programme – appropriate. All formal applications to the address listed below, rather than to me, although I am happy to be contacted if anyone would like more details on the role informally.

Best wishes,

Richard

Richard Hunt
Archivist
Vivacity
Central Library
Broadway
Peterborough
PE1 1RX

Email: [log in to unmask]
Tel: 01733 864628

To find out more about Vivacity please go to: www.vivacity-peterborough.com

Archive Assistant Internship – volunteer role

Vivacity Peterborough Culture & Leisure offers an Archive Assistant Internship within the Local Studies and Archives Service.

The successful candidate will assist with removing archive material from our existing stores and moving it to a new archive store, extending our digitization programme and specifically working on the Kitchin collection, helping on the customer enquiry desk in the Local Studies and Archives reading room, basic cataloguing and assisting with preservation planning.

We welcome applications from candidates with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, an interest in a career in archives or the heritage sector, an understanding of archives and an enthusiasm for local history, good computer skills, attention to detail, careful and methodical and with analytical skills.

The internship is offered on a three month placement, three days a week.

As Vivacity works as a charity across the culture, heritage, sport and leisure industries in Peterborough this internship offers the chance to experience archives within a wider context. You will be able to shadow other parts of the organisation for agreed periods of time, as well as understand more about the changing cultural heritage sector and the workings of a cultural trust.

Please note this is an unpaid internship.  Agreed travelling expenses will be reimbursed.

How to apply

For further information and a copy of the role description please contact us on the details below.  To apply, send a current CV and cover letter explaining how the internship would fit with your current career plans and demonstrating your appropriate experience and skills to:

·Cara Baker, Central Library, Broadway, Peterborough, PE1 1RX

Closing date for applications is Tuesday 30th April, interviews will be held on Thursday 9th May.

Cara Baker
Volunteer Development Manager
Vivacity
Central Library
Broadway

Peterborough

PE1 1RX

Email: [log in to unmask]
Tel:
01733 864775

Twitter @VivacityVols

Facebook 'Vivacity Volunteering'

To find out more about Vivacity and volunteering please go to:

www.vivacity-peterborough.com/vivacity/support-us/volunteering/