------------------------ REMINDER: Post-Doctoral Research Worker in Biostatistics ------------------------------

Department of Biostatistics
Institute of Psychiatry
Kings College London

Salary range: £31, 331 - £37, 382 per annum, plus £2,323 London allowance per annum.

We would like to invite applications for the post of Post-Doctoral Research Worker in Biostatistics.

The successful candidate will work on an MRC Methodology Research Programme funded project to develop statistical methods for evaluating mechanism in complex intervention studies.  The post is for three years.  The post holder, together with the methodologist investigators, will be responsible for carrying out and implementing a programme of methodology research. The focus of the research will be on innovative methods for explanatory analysis of complex intervention trials to optimally exploit the resource provided by modern trial designs. In addition, the post holder will make a modest contribution to the teaching programme and service support of the Biostatistics Department.

The successful candidate will have a PhD or expect to gain a PhD and a formal qualification in statistics or another numerate discipline, and possess a familiarity with statistical software packages such as STATA, R, WinBugs and/or MPlus. S/he will have competence in standard medical statistics, including multivariate statistics, longitudinal modelling and structural equation modelling. S/he will also have experience in publishing in peer-reviewed journals.

To obtain further particulars, a person specification and further information about the Institute, please see our website at

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/depsta/pertra/vacancy/external/apply.php?id=16843435

To apply please follow instructions provided on our website. Please quote reference number WPAV42613NJ in all correspondence.

Closing date for applications is 7 April 2013. Interviews are expected to be held on 16 April 2013.

Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.

Equality of opportunity is College policy.

SIGNOFF allstat