Can I ask how many people still perform PABA and PAS analysis?  We make up meals and go through the process with patients as well as analysing the samples but we have experienced a problem with PABA supply.  I’d be interested to see if this has been a problem for others.

Regards, Fiona

Dr Fiona Ivison FRCPath
Prinicipal Clinical Biochemist
Department of Clinical Biochemistry

Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

CSB 3, Oxford Rd, Manchester, M13 9WL

Tel: 0161 701 1728 or 07806 883960

Fax: 0161 276 4773

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

www.cmft.nhs.uk  Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust includes: Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, Royal Manchester Children's Hospital, Saint Mary's Hospital, University Dental Hospital of Manchester, Trafford Hospitals and Community Services.

Privacy and Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the named recipient(s) only. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not an intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, we would be grateful if you would notify us immediately. Thank you for your assistance.

Please note that e-mails sent or received by our staff may be disclosed under the Freedom of Information Act (unless exempt).
------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/