Fascinating exchange.

From Todays Globe and Mail
The best way to lose weight? The Biggest Loser may be on to somethingŠ
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the-hot-button/the-best-way-to-lose-weig
ht-the-biggest-loser-may-be-on-to-something/article11048768/

"Want to motivate your family members to lose weight? Forget pleading them
to do it for health reasons. Theyıre more likely to slim down if promised
some cold, hard cash.

Last month, The Hot Button noted that a study conducted on Mayo Clinic
employees showed people successfully shed extra pounds when money is at
stake. Now, new research suggests people are even more likely to reach their
weight-loss goals when they are pitted against one another for a share of
the winnings."

Arlene Bierman