-----Original Message-----
From: Catherine Harper
Sent: Wed 3/6/2013 9:33 PM
To: D31_STAFF
Subject: VACANCY: Head of Performing Arts, School of Arts & Digital
Industries

Please circulate to networks. Many thanks.

Head of Performing Arts
School of Arts & Digital Industries
Reference:   011M20013
Closing Date:   Tuesday 19 March 2013
Interview Date:   To be confirmed
Salary:  £58,152 to £59,793 per annum inclusive of London Weighting

The University of East London is a dynamic and rapidly expanding university
at the heart of Europe's largest regeneration area and adjacent to the site
of the 2012 Olympics and Paralympics.  UEL is in the top 10 of modern
universities for research in the most recent RAE exercise.

We are seeking a new colleague to lead and manage our Performing Arts Subject
Area, which will be moving to our brand new purpose-built building in
Stratford in mid-2013. You will be a member of the School's management team
and will be responsible for managing the staff, budget and operation of
Performing Arts and assisting the Dean and Associate Deans in devising and
developing the School's strategic and operational plans. Provision currently
encompasses undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in music culture and
technology, theatre and dance, and also via several UK and international
partners. You will ensure that the quality of the teaching in Performing Arts
is first-rate, and that curriculum development is both academically relevant
and business-focused.

Educated to degree standard with either a Doctorate in a relevant discipline
or relevant equivalent professional experience, you will have a credible
professional track record and/or research record. With excellent
communication, innovation and change management skills you will have the
ability to develop policy, initiate organisational change and implement
vision. Experience of staff and budget management and successful academic
leadership is essential.

CVs without completed application forms will not be accepted.

We are working actively to improve the diversity of our staff

For further information on the School of Arts and Digital Industries please
click here <http://www.uel.ac.uk/adi/>

For applications, please see:
http://jobs.uel.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=011M20013