Hi,

Which VLE are you using? BlackBoard have, in their most recent version, included the ability to embed a webcam video into the assignment feedback area.

In Moodle, as others have said, you have the option to attach a file in the advanced grading area. It can be any audio or video file - I use my webcam and a headset to record a basic clip and post that video file. I don't do post processing, because that increases the time and effort a lot for very little benefit.

Hope this helps, Alicia

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Wilkinson, Nicola <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Heather

You could look at some of the old JISC and HEA projects that happened around audio feedback. From memory one was run by Bob Rotherham at Leeds and the other was run at Leicester but the HEA funded a number of small ones too.

In the main I think people were using Dictaphones that had built in USB and just uploading the MP3 straight from them. I also know that Russell Stannard here at Warwick uses JING for video feedback and I think he has a plugin to get the video in.

Hope this helps

Nic

-----Original Message-----
From: Virtual Learning Environments [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Heather Peake
Sent: 20 March 2013 10:16
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [VLES] Feeding back to students with video/audio

Hello
we are being asked about feeding back to students on assignments etc. using video / audio. Not necessarily in the VLE.
Is anybody using video / audio to feedback to students and if so what tools/software are you using please?

Thanks
Heather

Access the list via the web on http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/vle.html
To unsubscribe, email [log in to unmask] with the message: leave vle