The Linguistics Program at Florida International University, the State university of Florida in Miami, has openings for applicants for the Masters degree beginning Fall, 2013. We are seeking highly motivated students who wish to pursue a rigorous program in a multilingual, multi-­‐ethnic metropolitan area. There are over 65 different languages spoken locally, with Spanish and Haitian Creole among the most widely studied of these.

We offer a two-­‐year program in which students take required courses in the core areas of Linguistics and electives in a wide range of sub-­‐disciplines, including applied areas such as language acquisition in children and in adults, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, language disorders, and discourse analysis, as well as theoretical areas.

Application forms are obtainable at the following link (please paste this you’re your browser address window): https://pslinks.fiu.edu/psc/cslinks/EMPLOYEE/CAMP/c/OAA_ONLINE_APPLICATION.OAA_SIG NON_COMP.GBL?Page=OAA_APPLICATION01&Action=U&TEMPLATE_ID=FIU_GRAD

For further information about the Linguistics Program, please see http://english.fiu.edu/linguistics/linguistics/ma-­‐in-­‐linguistics or contact Ms. Samantha Syms at [log in to unmask].

Best,

Phillip M. Carter, PhD
Assistant Professor of Linguistics & English Affiliated Faculty, Women’s Studies
Florida International University
http://fiu.academia.edu/PhillipMCarter http://works.bepress.com/phillip_m_carter/

The Variationist List - discussion of everything related to variationist sociolinguistics.

To send messages to the VAR-L list (subscribers only), write to:

To unsubscribe from the VAR-L list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=VAR-L&A=1