From: Testbed Support for GridPP member institutes [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stephen Jones
Sent: 20 March 2013 16:27
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: CertWizard + Java

Hi Daniela,

I'm specifically interested in whether this problem might impact the delivery of host certificates without email addresses. I'm in the midst of a "mini-project"
to try out (and document) a process for changing all the host certificates in our cluster. Is your problem likely in any way to affect that, or is it a separate problem that affects "normal" users?

Cheers,

Steve

On 03/20/2013 03:25 PM, Daniela Bauer wrote:
> Ummm... no.
> Remember we don't run Windows and users don't really have the root
> password to their machines either ?
> If we just dump it in our local repo, it can (or may not who knows)
> cause all kinds of side effects on stuff that actually *has* to work.
> It's certainly on the to do list, but I wouldn't call a cluster wide
> upgrade "a few clicks".
>
> Cheers,
> Daniela
>

> On 20 March 2013 15:19, John Kewley <[log in to unmask]
> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

>     The bugs meant that some users couldn't run the tool at all and I
>     had heard there were some security issues with 1.6 so it is
>     probably a good plan to upgrade with 1.8 coming along this summer
>     as well.
>
>     Hopefully it is only a few key-clicks worth of inconvenience
>
>     Cheers
>
>     JK

Steve Jones                             [log in to unmask]
System Administrator                    office: 220
High Energy Physics Division            tel (int): 42334
Oliver Lodge Laboratory                 tel (ext): +44 (0)151 794 2334
University of Liverpool                 http://www.liv.ac.uk/physics/hep/
--
Scanned by iCritical.