Karsten

Fra:  Lukas Scheef <[log in to unmask]>
Svar til:  Lukas Scheef <[log in to unmask]>
Dato:  12Mittwoch, 20. März 2013 12:50
Til:  <[log in to unmask]>
Emne:  Re: [SPM] fMRI preprocessing for longitudinal data

Dear Ella and Cyril!

Thanks a lot for your response. The motivation for motion correction is
clear. I like to realign two fMRI sessions to a volume, which lies in the
middle of the two series. You may call it half through coregistration. If I
follow the path Cyril pointed out (using the standard spm realign batch I
end up with a coregistration (or realignment) to the first volume of the
first session or the (mean) of the first session. I have attached an pdf to
clarify it: Upper row:  The images on the left and right symbolize
fMRI-session 1 and 2 and are tilted by -0.2 and 0.2 relative to the middle
one. The lower row shows the result after the running the realign batch (1
subject, two sessions). Unfortunately, the result was not the intended one.
What I like to do is to set up a batch that realign (and coregister) to the
middle one (in space) ... not onto the first series or the second series.

All the best,

Luke(See attached file: IntersessionAlignment.pdf)